This guide provides installation and uninstallation procedures for the AMDGPU graphics and compute stack.
The rest of this document will refer to Radeon™ Software for Linux® as AMDGPU.
There are two major stack variants available for installation:
- Pro: recommended for use with Radeon Pro graphics products.
- All-Open: recommended for use with consumer products.
You can install a combination of stack components using the
script, as listed in the following:
- Base kernel and accelerated graphics drivers + Pro OpenGL + Pro Vulkan
- Base kernel and accelerated graphics drivers + Pro OpenGL + Pro Vulkan + Pro OpenCL
- Base kernel and accelerated graphics drivers + Pro OpenCL
- Base kernel drivers (no accelerated graphics drivers) + Pro OpenCL (headless mode)
- When installing the All-Open stack using
amdgpu-installscript, every component from the All-Open stack will be installed. There is no supported way to install arbitrary combinations of these components when using
amdgpu-installbut you can use the system package manager to do so.
- 32-bit libraries are automatically installed with Pro OpenGL component when
installation is performed using